If you are looking for some streaming app to watch your favorite movies and TV shows, you can go for ShowBox as one of the best streaming apps to stream movies, TV shows, news, sports, etc. live directly on your device.
As of now, ShowBox is designed for Android devices only, but the app also works great on other platforms as well, such as Windows, iOS, Roku and others.
Moreover, streaming content using ShowBox does not cost you anything; it means you can stream unlimited content in high resolution free of cost. Using this entertainment app on your device will not ask you for any kind of subscription fee.
No doubt, you have the number of streaming apps out there in the market, but when it comes to the performance and video quality, ShowBox is very different as compared to others.
As we said that ShowBox can be used on different OS, it cannot be used directly on Windows and iOS devices, all due to the unavailability of its official versions for Windows and iOS.
Must Read: Get Showbox on PC (Windows) and Mac
Now, if you have a Windows Phone and want to get this app on your device, there is no direct way to enjoy streaming using ShowBox on your Windows phone.
Stream Movies and TV shows on Windows Phone
If you are unaware of the fact, you must know that to install and run anything developed for Android on other devices, all you need is to use a medium that works effectively in filling the gap between two different OS. Here, as we want to get ShowBox, an Android app, on Windows OS, you need to do the same.
In case you want ShowBox on your SmartTV, here is the way!
In this case, we are going to use an Android emulator, which works perfectly in creating the Android environment on your Windows phone. It is third-party software that serves as a medium to enable the smooth running of the Android app on Windows OS.
If you have used or are familiar with the use of Android emulators, such as BlueStacks or Nox App Player, to run Android apps on Windows-based PC or Mac, these emulators will not work on Windows Phone.
There is an official way to run Android apps on Windows Phone; here, this workaround is released by Windows itself, named as ‘Project Astoria’. It is a tool which is designed specially to bring Android apps on Windows Phone.
Also, you must know that this tool/emulator works only for Windows 10 Phone.
So, if you are using a Windows 10 phone, you must use this tool to get ShowBox on your phone.
Let’s move further to the step-by-step guide to get this wonderful app on your Windows Phone.
Install ShowBox on your Windows 10 Phone
Now, first of all, you have to install an emulator on your Windows Phone. But before that, you need to work on installing other things as well.
Just follow these steps carefully.
- The very first step is to download the wconnect tool.
- The next step involves downloading the Android SDK tool, which you can easily download from here.
- After downloading both tools, it’s time to proceed further.
- Now, you have to unzip these files.
- Go to wconnect tool files, here, you need to install its files, i.e. IpoverUSBInstaller.msi and vcredist_X86.exe
After the installation of these files, you have to prepare your Windows 10 Phone for installation by making a few changes in its settings.
- Navigate to this Path: Settings > Update & Security > For Developer.
- Here, you require enabling two options; these are Developer mode and Device recovery.
- Now, go back to the folder named as a wconnect tool.
- Right-click on the folder and open Command Prompt
- Now, you have to connect your phone to your system (PC/Laptop) using a USB cable.
Here, you might be asked to enter the pairing code to connect your Windows 10 Phone to your system.
- Now, download ShowBox APK by clicking the download link here.
- The next step is to copy and paste this downloaded APK file to the ADB extracted folder.
- Go to Command Prompt and type these commands.
ADB devices and press Enter (This command will display all the connected devices)
APKfile.apk (change this name with the name which you have given to the download APK file) and press Enter.
- That’s it. Now, the ShowBox app is installed on your Windows 10 phone.
Now, you can disconnect your phone to the system and click on the ShowBox icon to start streaming your favorite content on your Windows phone.
Alternative to ShowBox for Windows Phone
No worries, if you do not want to go through this long installation process for running this Android app on your Windows Phone. You can also go for the alternatives of ShowBox that will allow you to install this app directly on your phone.
Popcorn Time is one such alternative, which you can consider for streaming millions of content in HD quality. As the official version of this app is available for Windows 10 Phone, you can use it directly.
So, go ahead, get ShowBox on your Windows Phone and enjoy free streaming.